Sunday, June 3, 2012

Expelled at 8 yrs old


I hold a few bragging rights in several topics one being getting expelled from school at the early age of 8 years old.  Now that I am older looking back I would have probably done the same thing that got me booted in the first place.  Let me try to explain what it was like for me at the age of 8 years old.  First of all I had seen my mother in jail on Mother’s Day for the first time, I had seen her arrested a couple of times already, she had just went on the run, skipped out on bail and her children.  She had signed temporary custody over to her parents our grandparents which after 4 years turned in to a permanent thing until we found out she was alive.  My grandmother was a mail carrier, sweet, quiet, hardworking, much stressed and very scared woman.  My grandfather was an angry abusive alcoholic along with very stricked, very lazy and very controlling.  Everyone kissed his ass for years due to fear, trying to keep the peace or to protect my brother, my grandmother and myself.  Everyone kissed his ass but me and let me tell ya I took beating after beating, ass whooping’s, cussing’s and abuse than you could imagine.  He tried for years to break me and I would not break no matter what come my way.  I fought him back as a little girl up against a full grown man full of more anger than one person should be able to possess.  Some of my grandfather’s favorite lines to my grandmother were “Their lying I did not do that”, “I have no idea what they are talking about”.  Some of my grandfather’s favorite lines to repeat to me “Crying only shows fear and weakness”, “If you get a spanking somewhere else you are getting another one when you get home”, “Your mother left you with me because she hates you” and  “Your mother is dead and never coming back”.  So at the age of 8 years old I was basically thrown into a constant battle that I could have seriously not walked away from one day.  My poor little brother took so much abuse that he by far did not deserve and myself did deserve some of it because I fought my grandfather like hell.  Back to the story at hand my grandparents paid for my brother and me to go to private school.  We had both been promoted a few grades already with my brother the picture perfect student and I well book smart but honoree as hell.  One day we were put on some reading machines with helped us to read faster which was followed by test on the current reading material to test our comprehension.  This was soon before I was tested for learning disabilities by my next school to find out I did indeed have Dyslexia but, the preacher’s wife who ran the school decided to grab my face and give me a speech.  She put her hand on both sides of my cheeks and squeezed so hard that her fingers were touching each other on the inside of my mouth.  Why you ask?  Because I was not paying attention as well as my brother, why wasn’t I more like my brother... etc etc etc…??  Truth was I could and can read a little over 1000 words per minute but I read them right to left instead of left to right and have the ability to understand it correctly.  She thought I was screwing off because my head was faced a different direction.  To make a long story shorter I punched her in the nose and caused it to bleed quite a bit just to get the boot that very day.  Which was followed with one hell of an ass whooping after I got home and I was enrolled into a new private school the next week.  My brother however remained in the first school with his goody goody self.

No comments:

Post a Comment